Skip to content

Houses

July 2, 2017

jd17.2

The last panel is of course based on this awesome picture by Louise Bourgeous:

I can’t seem to figure out how to make theses comics appear larger & more legible-the wordpress settings have changed and I haven’t changed with them. If anyone has any technical advice, I’d be much obliged.

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. vincent giard permalink
    July 2, 2017 10:19 pm

That’s pretty bourgeois.

2. jim permalink
    July 3, 2017 12:19 am

fantastic as always, gabrielle!

3. Dat Housepussy permalink
    July 5, 2017 12:27 pm

A good way to spend your day is to drink coffee until you have to exercise to avoid having a panic attack but it won’t hurt your disintegrating knees because the coffee is a painkiller.

4. July 5, 2017 4:20 pm

Hey! In wordpress … when you place the image into your post, you should have the option “link settings” where you should choose “lightbox” (i think the default is no link, and why you cant see it larger now) If you choose lightbox, when someone clicks on the image in your post, it should pop up larger with the greyed out background. Just make sure that the image of your comic that you are uploading to your wordpress site is the largest size you’d like people to be able to view it at. hope that helps! feel free to write back if it doesnt make sense. I look forward to your july project every year :)

• July 7, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi Laura! Thanks for the advice…although I couldn’t find these lightbox settings…there was an option where you could choose the size but it was already set at the highest size…it’s frustrating…now I’ve just put a link on the image that sends it to my Patreon page. Does that look okay (large enough) to you? THANK YOU!

5. July 5, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Gabrielle. I think that when you create a post (at least in a WP website) you can add an image at whichever size you like. For instance, if you scan your comic (8.5″ x 11″) at 300dpi and import it into your WP image gallery you should be able to pull it at whatever size you like (largest you want) and then use the corner resizing tool to scale it down. When you do that and then publish it, when a reader clicks on it it should appear in a separate tab at full size. I use a PC, don’t know if that is any different.

• July 7, 2017 10:23 pm

Hiya Sal! That sort of helped…and then it didn’t…wordpress is confusing, it does all kinds of weird things that has caused trouble…hard to explain without sounding really tiresome…now I’m just attaching a link that sends it to my patreon page. Does that seem to work, on your end? Does it seem big enough? THANK YOU!