Skip to content

SDCC Comicumentary, part five

August 30, 2010

I want to thank Ariel, Michel and Tony for editorial help.

Also, please check out Ariel and Kevin‘s fantastic webcomic, Ariel and Kevin Invade Everything.

11 Comments leave one →
  1. August 31, 2010 2:41 am

How impossibly uncomfortable! awesome work as always…

2. Miss Carrie permalink
    August 31, 2010 2:44 am

yeeg, painful. what an awkward and uncomfortable situation–and then you make a comic of it! (brave!) thanks for sharing; hope things are going better for you now :)

3. Anatole Gin permalink
    August 31, 2010 10:23 am

Hey, great stories! Just noticed you have Lewis Trondheim in your links. You share the same sense of humour. Think you might like Boulet too ( if you don’t already know him. (English version here: Keep up the good work!

4. August 31, 2010 2:00 pm

“Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” is an excellent film!
    Great comic by the way…

5. Tia permalink
    August 31, 2010 2:22 pm

The situation had to be awkward for you personally, but for me – as a fan of both you and Gondry – this is super cool! I originally became a fan of yours through Tokyo. I hope more of your comics are adapted into films.

6. August 31, 2010 3:39 pm

oh my.. wince! but lovely work, as ever.

7. John permalink
    August 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Comicumentary is one of the most awesome things I have read in I don’t know how long. I’ve been going to SDCC since 83. It’s definitely changed a lot. But as far as what it has become, well, Gabrielle Bell couldn’t be more hilariously accurate. Bravo.

8. September 1, 2010 6:47 am

Wow. This was not nearly by no means what I was expecting. It’s a leap forward in truth, and not in a gossipy sense. In that just-stated way, really, I care very little to know what goes on in your life. But I do appreciate truth…the more uncomfortable it is, often it is the more touching (but not always). As always, your work makes me want to embrace you, for whatever reason. I cannot think of a higher compliment. You seem somehow close to me.

9. vollsticks permalink
    September 4, 2010 8:48 pm

Did you REALLY go out with Michel Gondry?!? And no, I don’t not like it…

1. Underground Film Links: September 5, 2010 | Bad Lit